Baby Starves to Death After Parents Die of Heroin Overdose

A baby tragically lost her life after spending days in her home with her deceased parents. The parent’s both died of apparent heroin overdoses and the baby, being left with no care, died of dehydration and starvation. Autopsy shows that the parents were dead for about a week before being found and the baby died several days after the parents.

heroin-overdose

From Daily Mail:

Jason Chambers, 27, his girlfriend Chelsea Cardaro, 19, and their five-month-old baby Summer were all found dead in their Kernville, Pennsylvania home on Thursday, Cambria County officials said.

Coroner Jeffrey Lees said the parents had been dead for about a week when their bodies were found Thursday. He said autopsies Friday confirmed that the infant died several days later from dehydration and starvation.


ADVERTISEMENT - ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW

Chambers was found in a living room on the first floor of the residence, while Cardaro was in a second-floor bathroom and the baby was in a bassinet in a second-floor bedroom, according to WJAC-TV.

It is believed that the couple died within minutes of each other so they could not call for help.

Toxicology tests are pending for the adults and could take up to six to eight weeks, according to The Tribune-Democrat.

Authorities said that although overdoses haven’t been confirmed, there was evidence of drugs at the scene.

It’s heartbreaking to think of what that baby went through in the days leading up to her death. Probably crying for hours on end with no one there to help. ┬áRest in peace little one.

Leave a Reply